Making the Transition from Excel to CAFM
Download our white paperSome facilities managers still use spreadsheets to manage their buildings, equipment and assets. Whilst offering a low cost and easily accessible solution, relying primary on spreadsheets as a source of information for facilities management (including reactive and planned maintenance, and asset and performance management) has many limitations.
A new guide published by Service Works Global aims to support facilities managers who wish to establish better processes, enhance services, and make improved strategic and tactical decisions based on quality data. It contains useful information and guidance on making the move from Excel spreadsheets to FM software to ensure the transition of adopting a new application runs smoothly, and offers essential advice for the implementation and review process.
The guide highlights the business benefits of moving to CAFM / IWMS software, notably:
- Increased helpdesk productivity, through streamlined job logging
- Improved SLA performance, driven by real-time performance reporting
- Improved budgetary insight, resulting in FM cost savings
- Optimised staff and contractor output, through the use of mobile apps
- Complete data integrity and auditability, achieved by centralising information in one live system